grated root veggies + avocado + a squeeze of lemon + sea salt + sesame = a delightfully sweet, salty + tangy accouterment that can support many a headliner.
this time, it’s a baked garlic pasta with greens. surprised? you shouldn’t be. it feels like that is all we eat. but i love it so much.
bloody roots and their murder weapon. actually, they went by box grater (ouch) not this massive knife.
the bloody roots
1 organic beet, grated
2-4 organic carrots, grated
1 avocado, cubed
toasted sesame seeds
1. combine shredded veggies in a large white bowl. (white bowl not necessary, but makes the presentation more stunning.)
2. pour a nice glug of olive oil + squeeze half of lemon over the bloody roots.
3. season with sea salt + sesame seeds to taste.
4. gently incorporate avocado cubes.
5. upon serving, sprinkle a little more sesame + lemon juice on top if desired.
kevin + christi threw a killer “the walking dead” party, complete with bloody, saucy ribs in a skull and a terrifying arrow skewered head.
also, awesome pumpkins.
happy happy halloween. i hope it is bloody + spectacular. but in a safe way.